Wednesday, October 13, 2010

useful acupoint for treating acute stomach symptom


I'm writing this based on my own experience last night.


Well, last night when I got home after the class, I was very hungry, so I simply had 2 hot dogs, a bowl of baby carrots and a pear.


Within 5 minute I felt the twitching ache in my stomach. I knew it was because I ate too fast so there was too much air went into my stomach with the food and the air was trapped inside. I was not able to let it out.


Then I figured it could be a good chance for me to test one kind of acupoints which are called "Xi Xue",which is usually translated into "Xi Cleft" point. The Xi Cleft points, also called the accumulation points, are where the Qi and Blood of a meridian pool. They are primarily at or near the joints of the body.In treatment they are used primarily for acute conditions, especially pain, that involve their related organs/channels.


I then had 2 needles in the point on each leg then did some simple move, in 5 minutes the air started to rush out of my mouth, I burped like crazy and the ache was simple gone. What made it better was I got hungry again after I was treated and had a big dinner roll.


Anyway, the point is located in the stomach meridian (AKA ST34), With knee flexed, 3 finger width above the superior lateral border of the patella on the line connecting with the ASIS.
Next time if any similar acute symptom happen to you or your family, you can simply press these points. But you need to press them hard as the Xi Cleft points are usually very deep. You can also knock the area with your fists if you have hard time find the exact location of it.

And ultimately, don't eat too fast like I did. Treat your stomach well by chewing your food well and eat slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment